Claiming your Hurricanes Bonus
There would be several promotions and cash bonuses available when online betting launches in North Carolina. Knowing how to navigate and claim these bonuses is important in your betting journey.
Although the earliest launch date is January 8, 2024, digesting this guide will keep you ahead of the curve and help you hit the ground running. With this guide, you will have an idea of what to expect and how to claim your bonus.
- Choose a sportsbook: You need to first decide which of the sportsbook(s) you will be using for your Hurricanes bet. Consider factors like promotions, user interface, customer support, ease of use, etc. before deciding.
- Register: Create an account with your preferred sportsbook(s). You will be required to provide information like name, email address, etc., and identification to verify your age.
- Read the terms and conditions: There are always terms and conditions that come with every promotion. Make sure to read this to ensure you fulfill all criteria.
- Fund your account: Some sportsbooks give you bonus bets upon signup, while others need you to first fund your account. To qualify for the bonus, you might need to make a minimum deposit which is always stipulated in the terms and conditions.
- Use promo code: For sportsbooks that need you to use a promo code, you might be required to enter it as you register or make a deposit. Enter the code correctly to activate the bonus.
- Meet qualifying criteria: Outside of making a deposit, you might be required to meet certain requirements before you get the value of the bonus. Depending on the sportsbook, it may include making a real-money wager first, placing a specific bet, or minimum odd requirement.
- Receive bonus: If you meet all the qualifying criteria, your bonus will be credited to your account. For second-chance bonuses, your first bet needs to settle as a loss for you to receive the bonus. Crediting your account might be instant, and it could also take some processing time.
You must read the terms and conditions for every bonus you are looking to claim, even with the same sportsbook. No two promotions have the same qualifying criteria or requirements.
Popular Hurricanes Betting Markets
The Hurricanes have a passionate fanbase, most of which like to bet on their favorite team. Through analysis, we have uncovered some of the more popular betting markets.
While some of these markets are straightforward, others need some level of research and analysis to decipher how they would fit into your betting strategy.
Here are some of the most popular betting markets.
- Moneyline: Moneyline bets are the most common and straightforward betting market. Here, you wager on which team you believe will win the game.
- Puck line: The puck line adds a handicap to the favored team and a head start to the underdog. It operates the same way a point spread does in other sports.
- Totals (Over/Under): With totals, you will be betting on the combined number of goals you believe will be scored in the game by both teams. If your pick is over, you are stating that the goals in the game will be more than the number set by the sportsbook, and vice-versa.
- First-period betting: You can place bets specifically on the outcome of the first period. This includes betting on which team will score first, the total goals in the first period, or the winning margin after the first period.
- Prop bets: These bets focus on the individual performances of players or teams in the game. You can wager on player/team-specific outcomes such as goals, assists, shots on goal, or other statistical categories.
- Futures: Futures bets are long-term wagers that you place before the season begins. You can bet on the Hurricanes' chances of winning the Stanley Cup, their division, or other significant achievements.
Betting on the Hurricanes
Placing your Hurricanes bet can be very straightforward. In summary, all you need to do is have your pick ready and wager with the amount you wish to.
With online sports betting unavailable, you can visit one of the three tribal casinos to place your bets. From January 2024, at the earliest, you would be able to place your Hurricanes bet through any of the licensed online sportsbooks in North Carolina.
Below is a brief guide on how to place your Hurricanes bet online.
- Choose one of the available sportsbooks
- Visit your preferred sportsbook and register if you do not have an account
- Fund your account. Always remember to follow instructions to claim your bonus at this point
- Navigate to the hockey section to see one of the Hurricanes' upcoming games
- Decide on the betting market you believe would give you the best chance of winning
- Make your pick, input your stake, and confirm the bet
- Monitor the game to see if things are going your way. Some sportsbooks offer an early cash out option, which might come in handy if you are unsure of your bet settling as a win.
Land-based Casinos vs Online Sports Betting
Sports betting in North Carolina is currently limited to in-person wagering at select casinos. Three tribal casinos offer sports betting, but you have to be physically present.
In-person betting has its benefits. However, it pails in comparison to online betting. Online sports betting has been signed into law but is yet to launch, with the earliest launch date projected as January 8, 2024.
Although all sportsbooks, land-based or online, allow bettors to wager on their favorite teams, there are significant differences in mode of operation. If you favor all-around convenience when placing your Hurricanes bet, we recommend exploring online betting after its launch.
That said, here are a few reasons why online betting should be your preferred choice.
|Convenience||With online sports betting, you have the convenience of placing bets from anywhere, anytime, using a computer, smartphone, or tablet.||Land-based sports betting requires visiting a physical sportsbook or casino, which can be time-consuming and stressful.|
|Accessibility||Online sports betting allows access to a wide range of sportsbooks and betting markets globally.||Sports betting options are limited to the physical locations available in your area.|
|Variety of markets||They often offer a more extensive selection of betting markets, including various sports, leagues, and international events.||You may experience a narrower range of options, focusing mainly on popular sports.|
|Odds and pricing||To compete with other sportsbooks for customers, the odds and pricing are competitive and better.||Compared to online sportsbooks, their odds may be less competitive.|
|Bonuses and promotions||Online sportsbooks frequently provide attractive bonuses, promotions, and loyalty programs to attract and retain customers.||Land-based sportsbooks may offer some promotions but generally have fewer incentives compared to their online counterparts.|
|Live betting and streaming||Online sports betting platforms often feature live betting options, allowing bettors to wager on games in real time. Some platforms also offer live streaming of sports events.||Land-based sportsbooks typically do not provide live betting or streaming services. But, some of the popular games get aired at physical locations.|
|Transaction and payment options||You are privy to a variety of secure payment methods, including credit/debit cards, e-wallets, and cryptocurrencies through online betting.||Generally, land-based sportsbooks rely strongly on cash for deposits and payments. Not only can this be inconvenient, but your safety might also be in question.|
|Customer support||You can access customer support round the clock through various channels, such as live chat, email, or phone.||Although there might be customer service counters, their availability or hours of operation might be limited.|
Perhaps the only area where land-based betting is more favorable is for social interaction. If you would like to interact with other bettors and enjoy a Hurricanes game together, the trip to a physical location might be worth it.
However, it is worth noting that you open yourself up to other bettors' opinions. While this could help, it might also make you doubt the rigorous research and analysis you undertook to make your pick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is online betting legal in North Carolina?
Online sports betting is now legal in North Carolina. However, you will not be able to place bets online until January 2024, at the earliest. You can visit any of the three land-based casinos in the state to place your Hurricanes wager.
Is it safe to place Hurricanes bet through offshore sportsbooks?
No. Offshore sportsbooks are based outside of the US and are legally not allowed to offer sports betting services to citizens. With these bookies not regulated by North Carolina or the US, you are open to risks and not protected by US law.
What is the legal betting age in North Carolina?
To bet in North Carolina, you must be at least 21 years old.
When will online sports betting launch in North Carolina?
The bill to legalize online sports betting was signed into law on June 14, 2022. In that document, it stipulates that the market will be open to up to 12 sportsbooks, and a proposed launch date of January 8, 2024, barring any unforeseen circumstances.