Top Louisiana Sportsbooks
Eight sportsbooks have licenses to operate in Louisiana. Although sports betting is legal, you can only go through with it in 55 of the 64 parishes. Nonetheless, a trip to another parish is so much easier than leaving the state just to wager on the Pelicans.
Every sportsbook licensed in Louisiana has been vetted, can be trusted, and has something to offer. However, a few have set themselves apart through years of delivering exceptional service and continuous improvement.
That said, here are the top sportsbooks in Louisiana you should explore their promotions and place your Pelicans bet on.
FanDuel is arguably America's number 1 sportsbook and was one of the sportsbooks that commenced operations on launch day. New customers can get up to $1,000 back if their first bet settles as a loss. They also offer $150 instantly if you bet $5 in the NBA playoffs. You do not need to use a promo code.
It is impossible to talk about sports betting in the US and not mention DraftKings. They are one of the most prestigious sportsbooks available and offer new bettors a 20% deposit bonus up to $1,000. There are also several NBA offers, including “NO SWEAT Same-Game Parlay.”
Caesars Sportsbook is a proud partner of the NBA and offers the most exciting rewards in the sports betting industry. First-time bettors can get their steak back up to $1,250 if the bet settles as a loss. To claim this reward, use the promo code CZRFULL and make a qualifying bet of at least $10.
With BetMGM, you are eligible to get up to $1,000 back in bonus bets if you do not win your first wager. A qualifying deposit of at least $10 is required to be eligible.
PointsBet offers new customers five second chance bets up to $100 each. Use the promo code “WELCOME” during signup.
Although these are our top sportsbooks, you can still explore the three other licensed bookies in the state. Choosing a sportsbook often boils down to personal preference, which is why you should also do some research on the following;
Claiming your Pelicans Bonus
Claiming your Pelicans bonus on sportsbooks is very straightforward. You do not need to do anything out of the ordinary to benefit from the promotions being offered by sportsbooks.
- Shop lines – Before deciding on the sportsbook you would use to get your Pelicans bonus, you need to first shop lines. Figure out where you will get the most odds and value for your wager.
- Choose a sportsbook – Outside of the odds being competitive, there are other factors you must consider before choosing a sportsbook. Perhaps the most important is the overall betting experience. If betting would not be as seamless as possible, there might be no need to register with that sportsbook.
- Register – If you have settled on the sportsbook(s) that you will believe will give you the best value, go ahead and create an account. Sportsbooks use geotagging software to make sure you are physically present in the state or parishes where sports betting is legal.
- Use promo code – Upon registration, input the promo codes needed in the appropriate section. You would only bother about that with sportsbooks that have active promo codes.
- Fulfill minimum requirement – To get the offered cash bonuses, each sportsbook has terms and conditions you must adhere to. Make sure to meet the minimum requirements, which can range from making a minimum deposit or making a qualifying bet.
- Enjoy bonus – When you complete the above steps, you can watch your bonus roll in. They typically appear on your profile in under 48 hours after you meet all the requirements.
With these bonuses, you can give yourself a second chance at winning or significantly increasing your potential win. These offers are used by sportsbooks to encourage you to register on their platform. Always make sure you take full advantage.
How to Win your Pelicans Bet
Winning your Pelicans bet is no walk in the park, but with the right tools, you can make it as easy as possible. After thorough analysis, we have put together tested ways you can explore to better improve your chances.
- Research fixtures – Schedule difficulty plays a big role in how a team performs. Very few teams perform exceptionally on the night of a back-to-back, the Pelicans included. Knowing what their schedule looks like would undoubtedly help you make a more informed decision.
- Head-to-head – Placing a bet without knowing the history of both teams is unwise. Teams historically perform better or poorly against certain opponents. We recommend you research past fixtures to get an idea of how the Pelicans perform against certain teams. Playing at home or on the road is also a factor worth considering before locking in your wager.
- Compare odds – You want to make sure you get the best value every time you place a bet. There is no point in getting less winning in one sportsbook when you could get a lot more with the same pick at another bookie. Always compare odds across several sportsbooks before choosing one to place your bet with.
- Make your pick – Take some time to critically analyze all the data you have before making your pick. Only place your wager if you are confident with your pick.
- Monitor live games – Sportsbooks offer live betting, which you should take full advantage of. With sportsbooks that have cashout options, you can close your bet before the game is decided. If things do not look as promising, you can decide to close the bet without losing all of your wagers. On some occasions, you might get some profit.
Although we acknowledge these steps are not 100% win-proof, you stand a much better chance following the afore-listed steps.
New Orleans Pelicans Popular Betting Picks
|Moneyline||Choosing the Pelicans to win, especially in front of their home fans was a profitable pick last season. They had a 27-14 record at Smoothie King Center. Unfortunately, they managed only 15 wins on the road.|
|Spread||The Pelicans did a fair job keeping the scoreline close in losses. You could bet against the spread, especially as the majority of their losses during the 2022-23 season were under double digits.|
|Player prop||Certain players on the Pelicans are elite athletes and can match any props set by sportsbooks especially when it comes to scoring. Choosing Zion Williamson or Brandon Ingram to score 20+ points is almost always a banker.|
|Totals||The Pelicans were not an offensive force last season, especially with their star player Williamson playing only 29 games. However, they had one of the best defensive ratings in the league. With that knowledge, you should realize that “Under” might be the more profitable bet on most nights, depending on the overall total set by the sportsbook.|
Although these are some of the popular Pelicans betting picks, you can find value in so much more. The franchise is expected to maintain their core moving forward so not much might change in the near future. However, they would be counting on Williamson to stay healthy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is sports betting legal in Louisiana?
Although the majority of the state allows sports betting, there are certain parishes where it is illegal to wager on sports. Only 55 of the 64 parishes in the state approved the vote to legalize sports betting. If you need to place a bet on the Pelicans, you must make sure you are in one of the approved parishes.
Which sportsbook is best for betting on the Pelicans?
As long as the sportsbook is licensed to operate in Louisiana, you should feel comfortable placing your Pelicans bet. However, there are a few factors you should consider before choosing the sportsbook(s) to use. Perhaps the most important factors are competitive odds and available cash bonuses.
Can I bet in Louisiana being under 21?
No. The minimum legal sports betting age in Louisiana is 21. Sportsbooks confirm your age through your Social Security Number or ID.
What Pelicans picks can I make on Louisiana sportsbooks?
Each sportsbook has myriad betting picks and markets available. Across all the licensed sportsbooks, the common denominators are moneyline, point spreads, and totals. Nonetheless, there are several other picks like futures, props, etc.