Top Sportsbooks in Ohio and Active Promos
Online sports betting is relatively new in Ohio as it went live in January 2023. However, there are 17 sportsbooks currently licensed to provide sports betting services to residents of Buckeye State.
After extensive analysis, we have outlined the top sportsbooks that would give you the best value as a new or existing bettor.
|FanDuel||Perhaps the most popular sportsbook in Ohio offers new bettors a “No Sweat” first bet up to $1,000. You will automatically get this bonus if you lose your first wager.|
New and existing customers can also refer a friend to get $50 in bonus bets provided the friend registers, makes a deposit, and settles any ticket of at least $10.
|No opt-in required|
Use referral link
|Caesars||Caesars offers up to $1,500 as a bonus if you lose your first bet.||CZR1BET|
|Bet365||New customers can claim $200 in bonus bets after placing a $1 qualifying bet. However, you first need to make a minimum deposit of $10.|
Fans can also take advantage of the NBA Early Payout Offer available. With this promo, your bet would be settled as a win if the Cleveland Cavaliers get a lead of 20 points at any stage in the game. Your pick in this instance has to be the moneyline on the Cavs.
No opt-in required
|BetRivers||BetRivers offers new customers up to $500 in second-chance bets if they lose their first real-money wager.|
They are also known for releasing enticing weekly promotions. You can earn $10 in bet credit by placing three or more NBA same-game parlays every week.
|PointsBet||You can claim up to a $500 bonus with PointsBet Second Chance as a new customer. For five consecutive days, you can get up to $100 each for every bet lost.||WELCOME|
|DraftKings||DraftKings' offer for newcomers is unique, combining two different bonus types in one. Ohio residents are eligible to get $200 in bet credits after placing a qualifying bet of $5. They also offer a 20% deposit match up to $1,000 on your first deposit.||NO CODE|
|BetJack||If you are looking to support a local business, consider using BetJack. They offer a risk-free bet for new customers up to $500. However, a minimum qualifying bet is required.||NO CODE|
|BetMGM||The self-acclaimed King of Sportsbooks offers new customers up to $1,000 in bonus bets if they lose their first bet. A minimum deposit of $10 is needed to activate this promotion.||NO CODE|
There are a lot more promotions available on each sportsbook. You can explore their promo page to see which bonus applies to you and capitalize on them.
How to Claim your Cleveland Cavaliers Bonus
Claiming your Cavaliers bonus has never been easier, especially since we have put together this guide to help with your decision-making.
Follow the steps below to claim your cash bonus and maximize your earning potential.
- Choose a sportsbook – You need to first decide which of the sportsbooks' promo is most appealing. Also consider other factors like user experience, ease, and speed of deposits and withdrawals.
- Register and verify your ID – After selecting your preferred sportsbook operational in Ohio, you need to register. Most sportsbooks have geotagging software to make sure you are within the boundaries of the state. You would also be required to upload your ID or Social Security Number to verify you are above the le
- Activate bonus – Some sportsbooks require you to use a promo code to claim the bonus while others do not. Make sure to always include these codes where necessary so you do not miss out.
- Make a deposit – Although there are different types of bonuses available, most require you to first make a deposit. Take note of the promotions that offer to match your deposit so you can fully take advantage of it.
- Fulfill the minimum requirements – Make sure to follow all the requirements to claim your bonus. Bet365 requires you to make a qualifying bet of at least $1 while others demand a $5 or $10 wager.
After completing these steps, your bonus will reflect in your account. Some sportsbooks release bonuses on specific days of the week while others do so immediately. Note that you might also be required to wager with the bonus within a specific timeframe, usually seven days.
Popular Cavaliers Betting Picks
Here are some of the most popular picks bettors exploit when betting on the Cavaliers.
- Moneyline – The Cavs have had an incredible campaign so far, which is why they come in as favorites more often than not.
- Over/Under – Here, you are required to decide whether the total points scored in the game would go over/under a number set by the sportsbook. The Cavs have one of the best defenses and have limited opposition scoring. Consider that before picking over/under.
- Player Props – With player props, you can make a pick unique to a certain player from points to assists to rebounds.
- Spread – This indicates the margin of victory. You could make a bet stating the Cavs could win by a certain number stipulated by the bookie.
Factors that Impact Betting on the Cavaliers
Knowing the team is one of the most important steps in winning your bet. Luckily, we have undergone some research and put together some of the factors worth considering while placing your bet.
- Home-court advantage – The Cavaliers have been exceptional so far in front of their home fans. They have recorded only nine losses at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse. You should factor this in when making your next moneyline pick if the Cavs are playing at home.
- Back-to-backs – The Cavaliers have not faired well in back-to-backs, but they have not been terrible either. However, it is worth noting that their scoring and defense were impacted.
How to Get the Best Value when Betting on the Cleveland Cavaliers
Expert bettors have a working system that has brought them some level of success. While everyone has a unique way of betting, you can incorporate some of their practices in your betting journey.
Below are a few things you could do to gain more value as you wager on the Cavs.
- Compare odds – Each sportsbook offers different odds. Even as we have recommended some of the best sportsbooks in Ohio, some offer better odds than others.
- Monitor the line movement – Several factors influence the line movement, most especially when more money is placed on one side. When you notice this, you should quickly place your bet before the odds drop any further.
- Watch the injury report – If the Cavaliers is missing its star player, their chances of winning will significantly drop. Without Evan Mobley or Jarrett Allen protecting the rim, they could also allow more points. Watch the injury report to know who is available before locking in your wager.
- Explore live betting – Even as a team could come in as heavy favorites, there could be a significant momentum swing in-game. Consider making live bets as it is a great opportunity to find value.
Ohio Teams Promo Codes
What is the minimum age for sports betting in Ohio?
Before you are allowed to place a wager on the Cavs, you must be at least 21 years old.
What teams can I bet on?
It goes without saying that you can bet on the Cavaliers through any of the sportsbooks listed above. However, you can also wager on other teams in the NBA. It is worth noting that other sports are also available on licensed sportsbooks.
What betting markets are available for the Cavaliers?
Depending on the sportsbook, you can choose from a long list of markets when betting on the Cavs. Although there are some differences from sportsbook to sportsbook, markets like moneyline, spread, and totals cut across.
Is sports betting legal in Ohio?
Multiple sportsbooks were given licenses to accept bets legally online and in person. The process has been ongoing since December 2021 and was finally launched in 2023. As long as you are within the boundary of Ohio, you are legally permitted to bet.
Can I bet on the Cavaliers on mobile?
The purpose of online sports betting might be defeated if fans cannot place their wager on the go, which is why sportsbooks all have mobile applications. You can place your bet through any device as long as you have an internet connection whether you are using an Android or iOS device.