Popular terms when betting on Saints
The NFL is arguably the biggest sport in America, which is why it comes as no surprise that the larger part of the betting population place wagers on football. Before betting on the Saints, there are a few terms you should get familiar with. As you familiarize yourself with the terminologies used by sportsbooks, you can comfortably choose the least risky option and set yourself up for success.
- Moneyline – This is perhaps the most popular terminology in sports betting. It simply denotes the odds for each team to win at the end of regulation and is based on several factors, including current form, history, and strength of the teams.
- Over/Under – In this category, you would place bets on whether the final score line will go over or under the number set by the sportsbooks.
- Points spread – Simply put, this is used to indicate the margin of victory. The favorites often have a negative sign next to the odd, while the underdogs have a positive sign.
- Favorites – The favorites are the teams that have a better chance of winning the game.
- Underdogs – These are the teams that are not favored to win by sportsbooks. However, it is worth noting that they provide significant value if they successfully pull off an upset.
- Parlays – This means the accumulation of two or more different bets in a single betslip. Whatever you select, all of your picks must play out for you to win.
- Futures – You have the opportunity to choose, for instance, if the Saints would qualify for the postseason before the start of the season. These picks have high-value odds because a lot could change during the season.
Best sportsbooks to bet on Saints and bonuses offered
Caesars sportsbook is an official partner of the Saints. They have established themselves in New Orleans, and offer tantalizing promotions to new and existing players.
Outside of their longstanding in the sports betting scene, which provides bettors with security and assurance, they offer some of the best betting experiences.
Some of the promos available on Caesars include:
|Go Full Caesar||Go Full Caesar allows bettors to get 100% of their initial stake up to $1,250 bet credits if they lose their first wager of at least $10. Players would also get 1,000 reward credits and 1,000 tier credits regardless of the outcome of the first bet. Use promo code CZRFULL to take advantage of this promo.|
|Odds Boost||For certain bets, Caesars offers odd boosts every day at random. These offers can be found on the dedicated “Boosts” page.|
|Refer-A-Friend||New and current users are eligible to earn a $100 bet credit if they refer a friend. However, it is contingent on the referred depositing at least $50.|
Arguably one of the most popular sportsbooks, DraftKings is available for bettors to Wager on the Saints. The most rewarding promo is the deposit bonus where newcomers can earn up to $1,000 after making their initial deposit. Other promotions on DraftKings include;
|Refer-A-Friend||You earn $100 if you introduce a friend to DraftKings and they fund their account with at least $25.|
|Odds Boost||DraftKings regularly offers odds boost for certain bets.|
If you are looking for an easy-to-use sportsbook with outstanding user experience, FanDuel might be your best bet. They have five live locations across Louisiana, providing more ways for players to place wagers.
FanDuel offers new users a risk-free bet of up to $1,000. All that is required is a minimum deposit of $10, and if you lose your first bet, you automatically get the wager amount in bet credits.
Other promos FanDuel offers include odd boosts, refer-a-friend, and same-game parlay insurance. Players are insured if one selection ruins a parlay betslip of three or more picks.
After decades in the Vegas casino scene, BetMGM has broken into the sports betting industry and has established itself as one of the top bookies. Although they offer risk-free bets to newcomers, that is not what their promo package is focused on. They pride themselves as the Kings of Parlays, and their promo offers certainly depict that.
BetMGM offers bettors up to $1,000 risk-free bet to cover their first loss on the platform. For wagers below $50, you would receive the same value in bet credits. However, you will receive bet credits in increments of 20% for wagers over $50.
Players who favor parlays can also enjoy other promos being offered by BetMGM. They have one-game parlay insurance, where your betslip is insured if one leg of the parlay goes wrong. Players are also entitled to up to a 40% profit boost on winning parlays with over four selections
PointsBet is one of the biggest sportsbooks you can leverage to bet on the Saints. Although they are one of the newest sportsbooks to launch in Louisiana, they offer mouthwatering bonuses.
Perhaps the most intriguing bonus is the insurance they offer first-time bettors. New users get five second chance bets of up to $50 each. However, bettors are only eligible if their bet loses.
PointsBet also offers parlay boosts every day to help you maximize your winnings. One of the conditions is that you have at least a three-leg wager.
Interested individuals can play online, as well as in person at Boomtown Casino. You should also keep an eye out as they roll out new promos at different times all year round.
How to start betting on the Saints
Before betting on the Saints, it is advised to do some research on the sportsbook that would give you the best value. You have a list of options you can choose from in this guide. Here are some things to look out for before choosing a sportsbook.
- Promos – Make sure to look out for the sportsbook that offers promos that suit your needs. If you are the type of bettor that favors parlays, it will benefit you to choose a sportsbook with parlay boosts.
- Odds – Odds vary across sportsbooks so you should always shop around to see what platform gives you the best odds in the market.
- Ease of use – The ability to easily navigate through the website or app is a significant feature to consider. Navigating the site should be easy to do, especially for bettors who are interested in live betting, as time is a factor in that regard.
- Live betting – Live betting is another feature to look out for when choosing a sportsbook. You have the opportunity to make quick wagers as the game progresses.
- Payment and withdrawal options – Ease of payment and withdrawals are also worth looking into. Sportsbooks have numerous deposit and withdrawal options, but finding the most convenient one is advised. It would be infuriating to win a bet and need to wait days before getting your winnings.
After choosing a sportsbook, you can go ahead and register. You will be required to enter your details and contact information.
Make a deposit using your preferred payment method on one of the suggested sportsbooks. For those that require you to enter a promo code, do not forget to input the code at this stage.
With the NFL being one of the biggest sports in the US, they are available on all sportsbooks. You can search for the Saints to see what games they have coming up. You can make picks on the Saints futures at this stage. Sadly, betting on the Saints to feature in the playoffs as a future in the 2022 season would have been a losing bet.
Make your selection and add it to your betslip. If you prefer parlays, you can make other predictions before entering your stake. Always remember the condition needed for you to take advantage of the promos on offer.
Other NFL Sportsbook Promo Codes
Frequently Asked Questions on Saints
Is betting on the Saints legal?
Sports betting recently became legal in Louisiana, meaning that players in the state can now wager on the Saints locally. The decision was reached on November 3, 2020, but they launched on January 28th, 2022, in 55 of the 64 parishes that voted in favor of sports betting. However, you would be required to verify your location through ID as you sign up.
What is the minimum age to bet on the Saints?
In Louisiana, the minimum age for sports betting with domestic sportsbooks is 21. For offshore bookies, bettors need to be at least 18 years old.
What promos are available for betting on Saints?
Players can claim promos offered by sportsbooks when betting on the Saints as long as they meet the requirements. Although welcome bonuses give the most value, several sportsbooks have promos used to entice bettors to stay.
What are the popular Saints picks?
Bettors are privy to a wide range of options when betting on Saints. Although some of the most popular markets are moneyline and points spread, players can bet on future outcomes and take advantage of live betting. There is no one-size-fits-all when betting on the Saints.