What Are Cubs Bonuses?
All major online sportsbooks offer bonuses and promotions to encourage people to sign up and start betting. You can claim these special offers by signing up and making a deposit or placing your first bet. There are lots of different types of bonus offers out there, including the following:
- Risk-free bets – A simple way to bet without risk, this offer will refund your stake up to a certain amount if it loses.
- Free bets – Free bets simply give you a token worth a certain amount which you can use on your betslip in place of a real money stake. You still get to keep the winnings, but you don’t risk your own cash in the process.
- Matched deposit bonuses – Claim a bonus on your first deposit, with most sportsbooks offering a 100% bonus, effectively doubling your bankroll up to a specific amount.
- No deposit cash bonuses – Claim a reward simply by creating your account, letting you place bets with no deposit necessary.
Cubs Betting Promo Codes and Other Terms
While claiming a bonus is normally straightforward, there are some terms and conditions you’ll need to be aware of. All bonuses come with terms that will vary depending on the sportsbook and the offer. Here are some common terms and conditions you’re likely to come across when betting on the Cubs and claiming cash bonuses:
|Terms and Conditions||Explanation||Example|
|Promo code||A promo code is a short code that you may need to enter when claiming your bonus. Simply copy and paste the code into the necessary box.||BONUS25|
|Rollover||A rollover means you’ll need to wager your bonus a set number of times before you can withdraw it.||5x rollover|
|Minimum deposit||Most bonuses require that you make a minimum deposit to claim.||$20 minimum deposit|
|Minimum bet||In some cases, you’ll need to bet a minimum amount or higher to claim your bonus.||$10 minimum bet|
|Minimum odds||Your bet will need to be placed at minimum odds or higher.||-200 or greater|
Betting on the Cubs from Your Mobile
You can bet anywhere you like, thanks to mobile betting. All of the top Illinois sportsbooks are fully compatible with mobile devices, allowing you to sign up, make deposits and place bets while on the go. Whether you’re at a sports bar, Wrigley Field, or anywhere else in the state, you can always bet whenever you need to.
The top Chicago betting sites all offer mobile apps too, which can be downloaded directly to your device. Mobile apps work well on all devices, including iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. You’ll be able to access all the main features and bonuses of the site while also receiving notifications about your bets and the game.
How to Start Betting on the Cubs
Getting started with betting on the Cubs is very easy. All of our recommended sportsbooks make it easy to sign up and get started, and all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Choose one of the recommended sportsbooks available in your state
- Sign up by entering your personal details and contact information
- Be sure to claim your welcome offer and follow the instructions to claim
- Verify your ID and then make a deposit using your preferred payment method
- Find the MLB from the menu or search for the Cubs and choose a game to bet on
- Select a betting market to add to your betslip and enter your stake
- Confirm your bet and then enjoy the live stream to see if you’re a winner
Best Cubs Betting Markets
The MLB is one of the most popular leagues to bet on in the US. There are thousands of games per season, and each game has a wide range of markets you can bet on. Some of the most popular markets include:
|Moneyline||A bet on which team will win at the end of overtime.|
|Run total over/under||A bet on whether the total number of runs scored will be over or under a certain number.|
|Run spread||The run spread or run line is used to make games an even contest. The favorite has a handicap applied, while the underdog is given a run advantage. If you bet on the favorite, they must score more than the handicap for your bet to win. If you bet on the underdog, they have to avoid losing by more than the run advantage.|
|Futures||This is a bet on what will happen at the end of the season, such as the winner of the World Series.|
|Game props||Game props are bets on specific things that will happen in the game, such as a certain number of home runs being scored.|
|Player props||These are bets on specific things relating to players, such as which player will score the first home run.|
|Parlays||Parlays let you combine multiple bets into one to increase your odds. All of your selections need to win for your parlay to hit.|
Tips for Betting on the Cubs
If you want to have success while betting on the Cubs, you need to pay close attention to a lot of different factors and research each game well. Here are some of our top tips for betting on MLB games:
- Watch for line movement – Sportsbooks will adjust the line in the buildup to a game, moving it to ensure that there’s usually even money on both sides. This helps to reduce their risk and ensures they always make a profit. Lines move based on how people are betting, and you can use this to your advantage. If the line moves in favor of one team, they might be worth betting on.
- Pay attention to the weather – Weather can have a major impact on MLB games, especially when it comes to the total number of points scored. Quite often, the wind will lead to fewer runs scored. However, you should pay attention to the direction of the wind, too, as this can affect how the ball moves once hit.
- Always compare odds – You should always compare the odds between books before placing your bet. While MLB lines are typically similar between sites, you can still find a lot of variances if you look frequently. Taking the best lines possible makes sense, as it can increase your potential profits.
Frequently Asked Cubs Questions
Is betting on the Cubs legal?
Betting is now legal in the state of Illinois. You can place bets on all Cubs games, provided you’re at least 21 years old. When you sign up, you’ll need to upload a copy of your ID to verify that you’re currently in the state. Provided your sportsbook is licensed in Illinois, you can legally bet as much as you like.
Can I claim a promo when betting on the Cubs?
All major Cubs sportsbooks offer cash promos which you can claim when betting. Welcome bonuses are the most common promotions available, letting you claim rewards when you create your account. In addition, there are loyalty rewards available for regular bettors.
Which sportsbooks are best for betting on the Cubs?
There’s a growing number of sportsbooks online to choose from, all of which let you bet on the Cubs. Make sure that any sportsbook you join is legal in your state and that it offers the best odds and bonuses. You can use our list of recommended books to find the best deals.
What are the most popular Cubs bets?
Cubs fans enjoy betting on a range of different markets, including moneyline, run total, run spread, and parlays. You can also bet on futures, predicting how you think the season will go.