How to Bet on the Bears
Getting started with betting is simple. You just need to follow these steps to place your first bet:
- Choose a legal and licensed sportsbook from our list of recommended betting sites
- Create your account by entering your personal details and agreeing to the terms
- Make your first deposit, adding funds to your account using your preferred payment method
- Claim your sportsbook promo by following the instructions
- Find the Bears by searching for them or by looking at the NFL menu
- Choose the game you want to bet on or select one of the NFL futures markets
- Select your market to add to your betslip, then enter your stake and confirm your bet
- Watch the game live, and if your bet wins, your winnings are automatically added to your account
Chicago Bears Promo Codes
One of the best parts about signing up to a new sportsbook is claiming the bonuses on offer. Legal sportsbooks offer these promos to encourage new sports fans to sign up. According to data, they’re highly effective, and they’re also great fun to use.
Some of the sportsbook bonuses we’ve analyzed require promo codes. These are short strings of letters and numbers that you’ll need to copy and paste. If required, you’ll be prompted to enter the code when you sign up or make a deposit.
Although not every sportsbook bonus requires a promo code, it’s important to make sure you copy the code correctly if it’s needed. Otherwise, you could miss out. Aside from that, we advise you to always read through the terms and conditions, so you know how to claim the offer.
Claiming Your Chicago Bears Bonus
We test out all of the bonuses at major sportsbooks to ensure they’re easy to claim and fun to use. Different promos are claimed in different ways, but here’s a quick guide you can follow:
- Read the terms and conditions
- Follow the instructions provided
- Use a promo code if needed
- Make a deposit or place a qualifying bet to unlock the bonus
- Use your new bonus according to the terms
Types of Chicago Bears Promos
You can find a lot of different sportsbook promos, and according to our research, these are the most popular types:
|Matched deposit||Make a qualifying deposit and boost the funds you have to bet with. You’ll gain a match of 100% up to a certain amount.|
|Bet credits||Receive bet credits in your account and use them to place bets on the Bears without risking your own money.|
|Risk-free bets||When you place a qualifying bet, you don’t need to worry about losses. If your bet loses, your stake is refunded up to a certain amount.|
|Odds boosts||Gain extra winnings if your bet wins. Add an odds boost to your betslip to gain better odds and increase your potential winnings.|
Legal online sports betting launched in Illinois in June 2020, and several sportsbooks are now live. According to our research, there are currently six online sportsbooks available for you to join, all providing Bears betting and promos.
- DraftKings Illinois – Best user experience
- Caesars Illinois – Free streaming of all NFL games
- BetMGM Illinois – Excellent cash out feature
- BetRivers Illinois – Official betting partner of the Chicago Bears
- PointsBet Illinois – Fast and simple to use mobile app
Mobile Betting Apps in Illinois
You can enjoy betting on the go thanks to mobile betting apps. With mobile sportsbook apps, you can sign in and place your bets anywhere you like. Whether you’re at a sports bar, Soldier Field, or anywhere else in the state, you can easily bet on the Bears and NFL games.
|Mobile App Sportsbook Features||Desktop Sportsbook Features|
|Sports promos||Sports promos|
|Full range of betting markets||Full range of betting markets|
|Simple and fast load times||Simple and fast load times|
|Bet from anywhere you like|
Chicago Bears Betting Strategy
The key to making a consistent profit when betting on the Bears is to follow the right strategy. We’ve analyzed thousands of NFL games to develop a winning betting strategy. Here are our best tips to help you find an edge:
- Look for the best lines – Different sportsbooks offer different lines on the same games. You can improve your chances of success simply by taking better lines or odds. Although it might only be a small difference, it will help increase your long-term profits. Always compare different sportsbooks before you place your bet.
- Consider travel time – According to data, travel time makes a big difference to the success of football teams. Teams playing at home already win 60% of the time, but long travel can cause fatigue and increase the effect of the home-field advantage. This is particularly apparent when East coast teams travel to play those on the West coast.
- Be objective when betting – When you’re deciding where to place your bets, don’t let bias affect your decisions. You might want the Bears to win, but do the stats show that it’s a smart bet? Bias is something that is difficult to avoid, so you can always steer away from betting on certain teams if you find it hard to bet objectively.
- Use live betting – Most of our recommended sportsbooks now offer live betting, which lets you place bets on games that are in progress. During games, odds can move dramatically when points are scored, or events happen, which will impact how much you can win. For example, if the favorite goes behind early, it’s a good opportunity to bet on them at much-improved odds.
Chicago Bears Betting FAQ
Is sports betting legal in Chicago?
Sports betting, both in person and online, has been legal in Chicago and the rest of Illinois since 2020. You need to be at least 21 years old to sign up and place real money bets.
Which is the best IL sportsbook?
There are now lots of online sportsbooks available in IL, and our list of recommended sites gives you the best. It’s a matter of personal preference which one you prefer, and they all offer different features and promos.
Is betting on college sports legal in Illinois?
Yes, you can bet on college sports. However, you won’t be able to bet on games that feature IL college teams.
Which sportsbook promos can I claim?
You can claim any of the sportsbook promos available at our recommended sites. We’ve tested each sportsbook and promo ourselves to ensure they’re simple to use and offer real value on your bets.