Legal Betting in New York
Legal betting in New York has been around for some time, with laws being approved in 2013 to allow commercial casinos in the state to offer retail sports betting. However, it took a lot longer for online betting to be approved, with bills in 2018, 2019, and 2020 all failing to pass.
It wasn’t until 2021 that the final step to legalize online betting was finally taken, with the hopes that it would help decrease the state’s budget deficit. The New York State Gaming Commission originally approved licenses for nine sportsbooks, though more are expected to follow.
According to data, New York has become the top state in the country for sports betting. In the first week alone since legalizing betting, $1.6 billion was wagered, setting the country’s single-month record. NY sportsbooks pay one of the highest tax rates, with 51% of profits being taxed.
How to Bet on the Bills
Getting started with betting on the Bills is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Choose one of our top-rated sportsbooks, using our reviews to find the right site for you
- Sign up and create your sportsbook account, ensuring that all of your personal details are correct
- Verify your identify by uploading ID documents
- Make your first deposit using a secure payment method and claim your promo
- Search for the Bills or find the NFL menu to see futures and odds for upcoming games
- Click on the game you want to bet on to bring up the full list of available markets
- Choose a market to add it to your betslip, then enter your stake and confirm your bet
- Watch the game, and your winnings will be added to your account automatically if you win
Buffalo Bills Betting Bonuses
According to our research, all NY sportsbooks currently offer bonuses, which can be used on Bills games. Bonuses are special promotions that allow you to claim rewards just by creating an account. They’re used to attract new bettors, and they’re also a great way for you to gain extra value on your bets.
Here are some of the most common Buffalo Bills betting bonuses we’ve come across:
|Risk-free bets||Get your stake back as a free bet if your bet loses.|
|Matched deposit||Claim a bonus on your deposit, up to a set amount.|
|Odds boost||Get your potential winnings boosted with improved odds.|
|Loyalty rewards||Earn points for betting and exchange these points for prizes and bonuses.|
|Free bets||Place a bet without risking your own money, keeping any winnings that you make.|
Claiming Your Bills Promos
To get the most out of your bonus, you’ll need to know how to claim it. Different bonuses are claimed in different ways, but we’ve tested all of the top bonuses ourselves to help you. Here’s a quick guide on how to claim most bonus offers:
- Read through the terms and conditions
- Follow the instructions to make a qualifying deposit or bet
- Copy and paste your promo code into the necessary box if required
- Use your bonus according to the terms
Not following the exact terms could result in you losing out on your bonus. For all of our recommended promos, we provide details on how to claim the offer. However, it’s still important to read and understand the terms and conditions yourself. Be sure to use the right Bills promo code if needed.
Top Buffalo Bills Sportsbooks
Currently, you can sign up to nine sportsbooks in NY, but many more are also available across the rest of the country. We’ve signed up to each and given our evaluation to bring you the best. Here are our top-rated Bills betting sites:
- DraftKings Sportsbook – Best mobile app
- Caesars Sportsbook – Best welcome bonus
- FanDuel Sportsbook – Best for same-game parlays
- BetMGM Sportsbook – Best for bet editing
- PointsBet Sportsbook – Best for unique betting markets
- BetRivers Sportsbook – Best for loyalty rewards
- WynnBet Sportsbook – Best for competitive odds
Mobile Betting Apps in New York
A growing number of bettors now place bets while on the go, thanks to mobile betting apps. We’ve found that mobile betting offers more convenience while also offering the same features and odds of betting on a desktop.
Most of the top US sportsbooks now offer a mobile app, which you can download onto your smartphone or tablet. We’ve tested each app, making sure they’re easy to use and work on a variety of devices. Whether you have an iOS or Android device, you’ll be able to log in and place bets anywhere you go.
|Advantages of Sportsbook Apps||Disadvantages of Sportsbook Apps|
|More convenient||You need space to download the app|
|Allows you to bet anywhere|
|Use the same features and promos of a desktop site|
Buffalo Bills Betting Tips
When you’re betting on the Bills or any NFL game, you should be looking to maximize your chances of winning and improving your value on any bets you place. Here are our top tips on how to get the most out of betting on the Bills, backed up by extensive research into NFL betting.
- Find the best lines – The key to making consistent profits when betting is to find value in the odds. The lines will change throughout the week as the books take bets. In addition, some sites will offer better lines and odds than others. Always compare odds before you place your bets if you want to maximize your potential winnings.
- Pay attention to individual matchups – Although football is a team sport, it can often be decided by individual matchups on the field. Coaches will always look to exploit weaknesses, and some strategies will work better against certain teams. Consider these when you’re deciding your bets, along with regular form and head-to-head records.
- Consider where the game is played – Home-field advantage can make a big difference to results, with some teams playing particularly well at home compared to others. Not only that, but some teams do worse at certain stadiums. Of course, you should factor travel time into the equation, too, as research shows that teams do far worse when they travel long distances.
- Don’t overlook injuries – Injuries to key players will have a major impact on the fortunes of a team. Coaches will have to change their setup, and this will often lead to worse performances. Follow Bills team news on social media sites like Twitter to get instant updates on the latest injuries, and use this to decide on your bets.
Bills Betting FAQ
Is betting legal in New York?
Yes, online and in-person betting is legal in NY, but you’ll need to use a licensed sportsbook.
How to choose the best sportsbook for NFL betting?
We’ve tested the best NFL sportsbooks and reviewed each one. You can read our reviews to find the best, most trustworthy betting sites.
Is college betting legal in NY?
College betting is legal in NY. However, you won’t be able to bet on college teams based in New York.
How to use a NY betting promo?
Using a sportsbook promo is as simple as reading the terms and following the instructions to claim it.